Salmon cakes. Not crab cakes. SALMON CAKES. These little bad boys are perfect for hors d’oeuvre and they taste great too! Serve them with a garlic mayonnaise sauce and it’s the perfect flavor and texture combination.
- Cooked salmon (season with salt and pepper before you cook them)
- Mayonnaise (1 cup)
- Dijon mustard (1/2 cup)
- Garlic (minced, about 1-2 tablespoons)
- Green onion (chopped, about a handful)
- Cayenne pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Old Bay seasoning (1 tablespoon)
- Panko bread crumbs (1 cup)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Flake or rip the salmon into small fine pieces
- In a bowl, combine the salmon with all the wet and dry ingredients
- Use 1/3 of the panko for the mixture
- Use your hands to mix everything together evenly
- Roll little balls of the mix and coat in your remaining panko
- Flatten your balls so they look something below
Use olive or vegetable oil to fry each side of the cake for 2-3 minutes!
Serve with garlic mayonnaise sauce. To make the sauce, combine mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice together. Add in some cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste!